Important update: No visitors allowed to Austin Health effective Friday 17 July
As I’m sure you’re aware the increase in community transmission is having an impact on our community and our health service.
The safety and wellbeing of our staff and patients is our highest priority.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 our Visitor Policy will change. No visitors will be allowed to any of our sites, effective Friday 17 July.
As outlined in the policy there will be exemptions for:
- A patient who is receiving end-of-life terminal phase care
- Approved carers of a patient who is:
- under 18
- has a disability or behavioural issues
- requires the ongoing assistance of an interpreter.
Please refer to the policy for more information, particularly regarding exemptions.
We know that this will be difficult for some patients and their families however it is a necessary preventative measure and is consistent with steps being taken by other major Melbourne health services.
Signage is being updated at the visitor screening checkpoints at each site. We will also communicate this change to the community via our website and social media channels.
To help protect you and your colleagues, please ensure that you:
- wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (including a surgical mask at all times in clinical areas and when you can’t maintain physical distancing in non-clinical areas)
- maintain excellent hand hygiene and physical distancing (even when wearing your surgical mask)
- complete the self-screening tool prior to each shift and stay away from work if you are unwell.
Thank you for your ongoing hard work and support.
If you have any questions please speak to your manager or email COVID19@austin.org.au.
Chief Executive Officer